Reporting to the Logistics Senior Manager, you will be part of a logistics delivery team established to manage equipment availability and supply into a number of concurrent and fast moving delivery workstreams created for our 4G/5G roll-out and other network capacity enhancement initiatives.
You need to be a good communicator with confidence to work with colleagues at all levels including project managers, finance managers, equipment suppliers, build partners, transport suppliers etc. Attention to detail is essential.
You will be part of a logistics delivery team established to manage equipment availability and supply into a number of concurrent and fast moving delivery workstreams created for our 4G/5G roll-out and other network capacity enhancement initiatives.
You will develop an understanding of approved site designs and configurations to support equipment call-off management with the build partners and to predict forecast requirements. There will be complex possibilities due to multiple vendors delivering our network.
You will be required to amalgamate and monitor equipment forecasts to produce an overview of all procurement requirements. You will closely track stock turnover, both in the central warehouse and with the build partners. You will support in the management of all aspects of stock planning and maintenance. You will work with the manufacturers/suppliers to ensure that throughput of equipment aligns with the project targets.
You will be intuitive and be able to identify changes in equipment usage trends which may directly affect volumes and requirements before they become an issue. You will demonstrate an excellent understanding and control of the stock position and be capable of managing supply pinchpoints as they occur.
You will be responsible for all aspects of stock and usage reporting and have a proven flair for analysing and interpreting data to support planning, forecasting and trend analysis.
Your approach will be customer focused and aligned to the commercial goals of the business. You will be organised and innovative with excellent communication skills. You will have the capability, fresh ideas and enthusiasm to contribute towards an innovative and challenging programme. You will need to be persuasive and compelling, with regard at all times for our core values of integrity and fairness
Key Contacts: Your role will require regular dialogue with Deployment programme leads and managers, in-house and partner design specialists, logistics and procurement professionals, the delivery partners, equipment suppliers and warehouse operating teams.
- Provide our suppliers and contractors with direction and guidance to ensure clarity of requirements and full support in order to achieve their deliverables.
- Management and validation of partner equipment call-offs.
- Reviewing site design tools to confirm accuracy of call-offs and interfacing with technical design authorities as required.
- Working with deployment managers and leads to keep track of priorities and delivery targets.
- Liaison with the warehouse delivery and supplier management teams
- Ensure timely call off and delivery of materials to partners contractors - to include forecasting, ordering, stock control (including returns).
- Fit for purpose logistics and call-off/return processes and accountabilities (RACI) - creation and monitoring. Identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Equipment forecasting for monthly purchasing to support all delivery workstreams. Understanding target site delivery volumes and manufacturer lead times for equipment.
- Timely submission of forecasts to hardware suppliers and manage delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Equipment supplier liaison, ordering and PO management.
- Responsible for creating and delivering reporting to support status of all ordering, distribution and other equipment management functions.
- Troubleshooting and equipment DOA management. Ensuring equipment is replaced in line with build plan and faulty parts are recovered and tracked for timely return to manufacturer.
- Management of quarantined items in warehouse - ie. out of box failures, decom stock, damaged assets.
- Management of reverse logistics and disposals.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues that may delay supply of materials or project delivery and work with key partners to mitigate and maintain project delivery timelines and milestones
- Timely reporting of logistics status, risks and issues across the team.
- Previous logistics and/or delivery management experience within a fast moving telecoms environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of the logistics process including forecasting, call off delivery, stock management and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to provide complex logistics and asset management services using partners and contractors.
- Data analysis skills and financial awareness.
- Proven experience in a fast moving, pressurised, target driven, delivery environment.
- Proven ability in determining strategic direction and clear guidelines.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals.
- Ability to cope with challenges whilst at all times maintaining a customer focused ethos.
- Ability to build relationships with partners, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- An understanding of the key network rollout functional areas including acquisition, design, build and transmission is preferred.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.