|Job Title:||Logistics Controller|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
6/12 MONTH CONTRACT
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Controller to join our Team, supporting a small warehouse logistics team with responsibility for managing storage and distribution of telecoms equipment to support special coverage initiatives.
Flexibility and then ability to adapt to situations and challenges are essential. The role involves administrative support, including finance and budget alignment, management of goods inwards and outbound as well as co-ordinating access to the test equipment installed in the facility. As this is a small facility, you will also be involved with physical tasks around the warehouse, such as checking deliveries, overseeing outbound stock, co-ordinating disposals and managing/tracking inventory.
The Logistics Controller will need to be a good communicator with confidence to work with colleagues at all levels including project managers, finance managers, equipment suppliers, build partners, transport suppliers etc.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Controller include:
- Provide our suppliers and contractors with direction and guidance to ensure clarity of requirements and full support in order to achieve their deliverables.
- Management and validation of partner equipment call-offs.
- Reviewing site design tools to confirm accuracy of call-offs and interfacing with technical design authorities as required.
- Working with deployment managers and leads to keep track of priorities and delivery targets.
- Liaison with the warehouse delivery and supplier management teams
- Ensure timely call off and delivery of materials to partners contractors - to include forecasting, ordering, stock control (including returns).
- Fit for purpose logistics and call-off/return processes and accountabilities (RACI) - creation and monitoring. Identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Equipment forecasting for monthly purchasing to support all delivery workstreams. Understanding target site delivery volumes and manufacturer lead times for equipment.
- Timely submission of forecasts to hardware suppliers and manage delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Equipment supplier liaison, ordering and PO management.
- Responsible for creating and delivering reporting to support status of all ordering, distribution and other equipment management functions.
- Troubleshooting and equipment DOA management. Ensuring equipment is replaced in line with build plan and faulty parts are recovered and tracked for timely return to manufacturer.
- Management of quarantined items in warehouse - ie. out of box failures, decom stock, damaged assets.
- Management of reverse logistics and disposals.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues that may delay supply of materials or project delivery and work with key partners to mitigate and maintain project delivery timelines and milestones
- Timely reporting of logistics status, risks and issues across the team.
The successful Logistics Controller will have:
- Previous logistics and/or delivery management experience within a fast moving telecoms environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of the logistics process including forecasting, call off delivery, stock management and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge of the methodologies, processes and capabilities required to provide complex logistics and asset management services using partners and contractors.
- Data analysis skills and financial awareness.
- Proven experience in a fast moving, pressurised, target driven, delivery environment.
- Proven ability in determining strategic direction and clear guidelines.
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team of professionals.
- Ability to cope with challenges whilst at all times maintaining a customer focused ethos.
- Ability to build relationships with partners, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- An understanding of the key network rollout functional areas including acquisition, design, build and transmission is preferred.
To apply for the Logistics Controller please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.