|Job Title:||Logistics Co-ordinator|
|Contact Name:||Jessie Marsh|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Working with the Operations Lead of a small warehouse in Wokingham, you will be responsible for managing all aspects for the efficient storage and distribution of telecoms equipment to support special coverage initiatives.
Motivation, flexibility and the ability to adapt to situations and challenges is essential. This role involves administrative support, including finance and budget alignment, management of goods inwards and outbound as well as co-ordinating engineer access to the test equipment installed in the facility. You will also be required to undertake physical tasks around the warehouse, such as checking deliveries, overseeing outbound stock, co-ordinating disposals and managing/tracking inventory.
You need to be a good communicator with high attention to detail. You must have the confidence to work with colleagues at all levels including programme leads, project managers, finance managers as well as external equipment suppliers, build partners, transport suppliers etc.
Your approach will be customer focused and aligned to the commercial goals of the business. You will be organised and innovative with the capability, fresh ideas and enthusiasm to contribute towards an a high profile programme of works. You will be a team player with regard at all times for our core values of integrity and fairness.
- Special coverage project management. Including liaison with suppliers and project managers to advise goods received, discrepancies, over-shipments, inventory reporting. Administration of a master project spreadsheet.
- Order fulfilment: Ensuring orders are picked and packed to 100% accuracy against call-off requests. Liaison with build contractors to schedule shipments and collections to and from the warehouse.
- Purchasing. Raising purchase requisitions and goods receipting in purchasing systems. Ensuring the department's spend is managed according to budget and, where applicable, highlighting to finance managers and overspend. Monthly reporting of purchasing activity.
- Warehouse inventory management: Maintenance of inventory records, undertaking stock counts, management of disposals and all goods inward administration.
- Transport management: scheduling warehouse deliveries and collections. Liaising with key contacts to report activity. Proactively requesting proof of delivery.
Vendor and supplier management. Managing requests for quotes for services and products
Health & Safety administration and compliance.
- Timely reporting of logistics status, risks and issues
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.