Type of contract: permanent
Start date: ASAP
Our client is recognised across the world as a global technology provider, currently working with its customers to deliver fast paced agile and digital transformation. We have an excellent opportunity for an individual, with the right attitude and skill-set, to work within our Defence and National Security Business Unit. In this role, the individual will take the role of a 24/7 Linux Sysadmin for a key customer supporting a new leading edge platform. This platform is being designed using modern technologies and approaches to provide a container orchestration and relevant tooling to allow fast development and deployment.
We are looking for someone with a positive and creative attitude that can work as part of a team, as well as interfacing with customers to assist and troubleshoot platform issues. There will also be opportunities to build and develop new skills in technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Technical Skills Required
- 1-2 years' experience in a customer service or help-desk supporting software technology
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skills with experience in troubleshooting
- Hands on Linux experience
- Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in 24/7 shift patterns
- Strong planning and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A self-starting approach and strong communication skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.