Linux SME - Contract - Solihull
Leading managed services provider in the defence industry require an experienced Linux SME on an ongoing contract basis to work on-site in their Solihull offices.
**A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered**
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customer's business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
* Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
* Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
* Represents Customer at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build Customer's reputation in the market place.
* Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing Customer.
* Contributes to definition of customer's overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
* Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Customer knowledge base.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Rohit.Chavda@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Lead Delivery Architect (VMWare/Azure)
Location: Berkshire, England
Script Reviewer (Bash/Powershell/cmd/YML/ansible)-Remote