|Job Title:||Linux Integration Engineer - Basingstoke|
|REF:||FJS - Linux Int_1574090526|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Linux Integration Engineer - Basingstoke
Are you a Linux Integrator/Administrator/Engineer who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts and automate, where possible, the configuration and deployment of Operating Systems, Tools and applications? If so, then please apply to an exceptional opportunity working for one of the world's most foward thinking IT technology and service providers.
My client is looking for Linux Integrators/Administrators/Engineers, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join their existing dynamic Solution Build and Practice. They will work closely with the Infrastructure Architects, Network Architects and Project Managers to configure and document deliverables and offerings on a wide variety of solutions, including appliances and tooling, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required configurations within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Support the Architects by configuring, implementing and documenting solutions in line with the relevant HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- All candidates must hold either SC Clearance or be in a position to achieve SC Clearance ( UK resident for over 5 years)
- Demonstrable experience configuring and deploying Linux servers in both virtual and physical environments running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in administration of Linux Servers and Desktops on a variety of distributions.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and agent installs (e.g. McAfee, LogRhythm, SCOM etc.).
- The application and configuration of lockdowns and clamps.
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
Nice to have although not essential:
- Strong grasp and experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, KiXtart, Red Hat Satellite, Cloud Init.
- Demonstrable ability to build and monitor services on servers using CICD practices.
- An understanding of network firewall tools.
If this role is a good match for your skills and abilities, please respond by sending your most up to date CV- alternatively please contact Patrick McNamara at Project People on +44 (0)117 9087000 or email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SCCM - Management Tools Architect - Perm - Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
APPLICATION & INTEGRATION ARCHITECT (AZURE, API design)
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Apple Support Engineer
Location: London, England
Salary: Daily Rate
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum