JOB TITLE: Linux Integration Engineer
Are you a Linux Integrator/Administrator/Engineer who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts and automate, where possible, the configuration and deployment of Operating Systems, Tools and applications and then produce the associated build instructions, and supporting artefacts, for lesser skilled engineers?
Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
Set the Scene
We are looking for Linux Integrators/Administrators/Engineers, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our existing dynamic Solution Build & Practice. They will work closely with the Infrastructure Architects, Network Architects and Project Managers to configure and document deliverables and offerings on a wide variety of solutions, including appliances and tooling, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required configurations within all work streams (Main Programme, Live Service, Service Requests and Requests for Change).
- Support the Architects by configuring, implementing and documenting solutions in line with the relevant HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- Demonstrable experience configuring and deploying Linux servers in both virtual and physical environments running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in administration of Linux Servers and Desktops on a variety of distributions.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and agent installs (e.g. McAfee, LogRhythm, SCOM etc.).
- The application and configuration of lockdowns and clamps.
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Strong grasp and experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, KiXtart, Red Hat Satellite, Cloud Init.
- Demonstrable ability to build and monitor services on servers using CICD practices.
- An understanding of network firewall tools.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.