LINUX-INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - REMOTE - CONTACT
We are hiring an Infrastructure automation Engineer with one of my prestigious client. Must be from IT infrastructure background. Must be expert in Linux administration, RESTFUL API's and must have strong experience on DevOps experience.
Duration: 6 Months
- Designing, developing, releasing and supporting infrastructure solutions with Linux and Windows based server environments, databases, services and APIs.
- Work across multiple environments with scripts, programming languages, DevOps tools and restful web APIs.
- Take the role of Subject Matter Expert in technical project deliverables and be responsible for end-to-end solution implementation.
- Write and test infrastructure as code to automate and streamline tasks. Building orchestration automation capabilities to support the execution of operational activities.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure, engineering, application and support teams. Maintain the requirements to development cycle on a consistent pace.
- Provide L3 technical support and escalation of production automation and infrastructure issues, incidents, data management and exception handling.
- Writing documentation and standard operating procedure when required.
- Proficiency in Linux server admin skills (i.e. RHEL), 3+ years' experience is a must. Industry standard certifications for Linux domain is a plus.
- Must have 3+ years' experience of RESTful APIs and scripting for data management, feeds and exception handling tasks. Knowledge of API best practices related to resource organization, use of sub-resources, error handling, testing and authentication.
- Must have 2+ years' experience of DevOps tools, orchestration and infrastructure automation (Ansible / Jenkins / Puppet).
- Strong infrastructure background with experience with x86 hardware, virtualisation platforms (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V) and Clustering (Veritas Volume manager and Veritas Cluster Server) is essential.
- Experience of source code management (GitHub / Bit Bucket) is essential.
- Knowledge of storage infrastructure with experience of configuring file systems on NAS / SAN solutions, both standalone and clustered, including replication.
- Knowledge of Databases such as Oracle, MS-SQL, Sybase or DB2 would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with IT Infrastructure delivery and related process would be an advantage.
Other Soft Skills:
- Excellent written and spoken technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Understand of DevOps process and Agile development cycle with Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI/CD).
- Have good experience creating design documents (HLD, LLD) diagrams (Vision) and presentations (PPT).
- Good analytical mindset for problem solving under stress and time pressure.
- Working across various cultures and geographies.
- Should be willing to work in shifts / on call in case required.
- Able to work independently, under least supervision.
- Relevant Experience: 5+ years
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
FORGEROCK ENGINEER - SECURITY CLEARED - CONTRACT - REMOTE
Location: London, England
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Location: Hampshire, England
CABLING ENGINEER (COPPER-FIBRE) - HEATHROW - CONTRACT
Location: London, England