|Job Title:||Linux Developer (RHEL/CentOS/Shell Scripting/Ansible/Apache)|
|Contact Name:||Cassie Butcher|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Linux Developer/Linux Infrastructure Developer (RHEL, CentOS, Shell Scripting, Apache, MySQL, PHP) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 12 months rolling contract (to be taken in 6 month stints), to be based in Basingstoke, Hampshire (5 days on-site).
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant will be a Linux Infrastructure Developer
- Experience of working as an Infrastructure Developer/Integrator with demonstrable experience working on infrastructure solutions hosting network monitoring and optimisation tools, both open source and proprietary.
- Must have strong technical skills and an ability to review design artefacts and produce the associated build and configuration instructions
- Able to modify design documentation to correct potential defects
- Experience of building, configuring and supporting Linux Environments (RHEL and CentOS)
- Experience of automating the deployment of changes, enhancements and patching via Ansible at an enterprise scale
- Must have strong shell scripting experience coupled with a solid understanding of networking and IP packet structure
- Experience of working in a development/integration team designing, developing and supporting enterprise scale solutions
- Experience in web-site development using Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Excellent client facing experience.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.