|Job Title:||Legal Counsel - Property Litigation|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
LEGAL COUNSEL - PROPERTY LITIGATION required to work for a telecommunications company based in Buckinghamshire.
The Legal Counsel - Property Litigation will be responsible for supporting the estate management and implementation of property and planning strategies across the shared and unilateral networks and to ensure partners & suppliers adhere to agreed guidelines when undertaking work or upgrades on the network property estate.
Background to Legal Counsel - Property Litigation :
- The Digital Economy Act 2017 incorporated a significantly revised Electronic Communications Code (ECC). The revised ECC will, following the Commencement Order bringing it into effect, result in substantial changes to business practices and processes.
- Whilst the revised ECC will not have retrospective effect upon in term agreements entered into under prior ECC regime, how Operators approach renewal of leases, upgrading and sharing of their sites will change significantly following the introduction of the new Code.
The purpose of the Legal Counsel - Property Litigation:
The Legal Counsel (Code Activities) will assist in ensuring that site upgrade activities, lease renewals and NTQ replacements are delivered to shareholder requirements under the terms of the revised ECC.
We are innovating and optimising business processes to reflect the changes in the ECC. The role holder will be responsible for both contributing toward this process of reform, the subsequent implementation of it and improvements to it.
Initially, the Legal Counsel - Property Litigation will be part of a small team running workshops and training to Managed Service Providers, Small Works Contractors and other suppliers.
Subsequently, the role will focus upon the effective implementation of revised ECC processes, ongoing improvements and also managing external solicitors and negotiating agents.
The Legal Counsel - Property Litigation will be responsible for advising on:
- The provisions of the Digital Economy Act 2017, new ECC and Code of Practice
- How those provisions interplay with the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Strategies for securing occupation and rights effectively using contractual and statutory means
- Managing disputes and enforcement of rights through the court process
- Leading on property disputes and managing external counsel
- Additional legal support as required by the inhouse and shareholder legal teams
Additionally, there may be a requirement to interface with landowner representatives and keeping our shareholders fully appraised of matters of strategic merit.
Working collaboratively across all departments, with our shareholders and Suppliers as well as those within the Property Team to help improve the management of business processes and interfaces.
The successful Legal Counsel -Property will have:
- Law degree 5-10 years PQE
- Property disputes background
- Contentious and court experience.
- Can do attitude
- Experience of training others
- Experience in process improvements
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.