Legal Counsel (Property Law)
Legal Property Counsel - a fantastic opportunity has arisen working in-house for a leading Mobile Telecoms company in their fast paced property legal team.
This is a permanent opportunity based in their offices in central Reading (with some flexibility for remote working).
As Legal Property Counsel you will support the wider telecoms estate (circa 20,000 cell sites), working with internal and external legal teams ensuring partners and suppliers adhere to agreed guidelines.. Your role will involve a mix of contentious (25%) and non-contentious (75%) transactional aspects, covering renewals, modifications and acquisitions.
We are looking for someone who has worked within a transformation environment previously, who can drive change, and challenge the status quo with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Lead for all legal queries for your area
- Oversight and management of external law firms, ensuring delivery on time and within budget to required standards
- Working with Property Delivery Managers to ensure reporting of all legal matters for the estate is clear, concise and up to date
- Responsible for managing all aspects of legal work including both non contentious transactional aspects and property litigation through the County Court and the Land Tribunal, covering renewals, modifications and acquisitions in relation to their portfolio of sites;
- Be a proactive member of the Legal Property team leadership team, alongside the regional leads for North and South, our Legal Counsel - Strategic Litigation and our Professional Support Lawyer;
- To play a key role in shaping strategy and process designed to manage the Unilateral portfolio at greater speed and within agreed tolerances for risk, pushing the boundaries of efficiency and effectiveness in a risk aware way;
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong PQE in property law, property litigation, landlord & tenant issues
- Membership of the Law Society of England and Wales or the Bar Council.
- Extensive knowledge of property law including Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- Property litigation experience
- Ability to manage a high caseload, to prioritise and delegate where required
- In-house or practice background
- Ability to navigate challenges to routes to renewal and legal issues with a solutions orientate and risk aware mind-set.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Salary and package disclosed upon application.
Please apply on line or email your CV direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.