Working for a telecoms company reporting to the Head of Legal: Customer & Consumer Regulatory, you'll play a pivotal role in advising on various consumer related legal and regulatory requirements, resolving consumer issues and developing policy. You'll work closely with our project teams to deliver new products, promotions and in-life changes to our existing portfolio and, in order to do so, you'll need to be able to balance legal and regulatory risk with commercial objectives.
- Produce executive briefings on key consumer legal matters or change
- Ensure customer's position is put forward in respect of any proposed consumer legal changes leading our formal response to consultations, requests for information, investigations
- Provide legal advice and support to the Executive Office and other operational teams as pro-actively identify opportunities, and challenge the business,
- Improve the experience for our customers and their enjoyment of our services.
- Manage a portfolio of consumer and personal injury claims.
- Typically 4 - 7 years' PQE and qualification at a top-tier law firm in the UK.
- A detailed knowledge of consumer law, corporate governance and compliance.
- Experience of advising on consumer law and regulation - ideally, telecoms specific regulations in a communications or telecoms environment.
- Successful track record of advising a consumer facing organisation on consumer protection matters.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - able to communicate with, and influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way.
- An approachable and friendly attitude, excellent organisational skills and the ability to use own initiative.
- The ability to cope under pressure and switch between different tasks.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to travel to Maidenhead or London at least once a month.
Nice to Have-
- Prior UK in-house experience in a telecoms or communications company
- Prior experience in the financial services sector, particularly in relation to financial services regulation.
- Dispute resolution background.
- Familiar with mobile, internet, telecoms products and technology.
- Experience of working with regulators and government bodies.
This will be a 12 month FTC - Salary negotiable + car allowance, pension, health care etc.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.