CK Hutchison Networks Ireland - Legal Counsel
The job in a nutshell
CK Hutchison Networks Ireland (CKHNIR) is a new telecoms infrastructure services company operating a portfolio of over 1100 sites in Ireland.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for legal oversight and management of CK Hutchison's portfolio of leases, licenses, and ancillary property documents - related to passive infrastructure & active tenant equipment. The Legal Counsel will also support the initial contracting with, and in-life contract management of, suppliers of goods and services into the company. The Legal Counsel will work alongside a cross-functional team including site acquisition, estates management, site build and maintenance, sales and supporting finance and operations.
The Legal Counsel is responsible for :
- Supporting the drafting, negotiation, parental approval, and in-life management of site agreements with individual & multi-site landlords.
- Reviewing and approving all new leases, licenses, way leaves, easements, and deed of variations to existing leases and licenses to ensure that CKHNIR pertinent rights and interests are protected and maintained.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing sublet commercial agreements on behalf of CKHNIR - predominantly relating to other licensed wireless operator.
- Providing legal support to the CKHNIR estates and property team for new site build, on-going upgrade programmes, site terminations and interpretation of all relevant legislation.
- Managing the outsourced / junior property legal resources
- Managing the maintenance of a structured record of all key data relating to leases, licenses, and other property agreements.
Management of disputes and advising on legal risk relating to the operation of CKHNIR greenfield & rooftop assets.
- Providing legal support for all vendor and supply contract for CKHNIR.
As CKHNIR is a new company it is expected that all team members identify areas of concern, communicate within the team then execute plans to resolve the issue. Self-directed, continual business process improvement is key to the success of TowerCo. As a small team it is expected that we all support each other resolve challenges making the new company a success.
What else it involves
The skills we are looking for:
- 4 years legal experience ideally specialising in property or conveyancing
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Ability to work well with multi-disciplinary cross functional technical teams
- Outstanding relationship management skills with an ability and willingness to work with and Influence, people at all levels across the organisation; (iv) energetic, flexible, adaptable & change oriented.
- Dealing with Site Providers' (and their representatives) queries re Licence fee/rent payments queries.
- Reviewing, and drafting Notices of Termination, Notices of Withdrawal and Letters of Extension of NOTs; as well as maintaining and updating the terminations database.
- Drafting letters on behalf of Finance in relation to changes to methods of payment.
- Liaising and attending meetings with Finance re accounts and payments issues with Site Providers.
- Willing and interest to develop legal skills and expertise outside of current skill set.
- knowledge of and experience of planning law as it relates to telecommunications rollout.
- Representing CKHNIR in relation to relevant litigation - personal injury; injunctions and disputes relating to licence fees.
- Managing and advising on legal aspects of estate management - changes of ownership; title investigation; receiverships and deaths on title.
- Attending and presenting at Property meetings.
- Reviewing and ragging licences and agreements and preparing reports showing the legal status of licences / leases across the CKHNIR portfolio.
Personal Characteristics we are looking for:
- Highly process driven individual with structured approach to ways of working.
- Possess the ability to maintain a professional / poised manner and present information in a public forum.
- Proactive mindset - demonstrating a willingness to show initiative .
- with attention to detail.
- Ability to contribute to an enjoyable team environment creating a positive - can do culture.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Target driven.
- Takes accountability where there is ambiguity
CK Hutchison Networks Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.