Lead Technical Consultant
Type of role: contract
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Our client is among the world's leading global IT service providers and they are now looking for Lead Technical Consultant.
The role holder works at a senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects, strategies and architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contributing key insights. They provide technical advice and assistance to the sales force, sales agents, reseller/distributor staff and existing or prospective customers, either in support of customer development or sales activity or in fulfilment of sales obligations.
Stakeholder experience and helping our customers create their approach to both public and private cloud approaches is essential. An understanding of global commercial environments would be a an advantage.
- Defines major technical projects for customers, influencing their view of acceptable investment level. Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
- Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- Cost and risk. May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
- Business development. Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Requirements and design. Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
- Cloud Certification in either Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Tangible experience of Configuration Management Solutions (Ansible, Chef or Puppet), providing the ability to deploy, patch and maintain server end point configuration
- Administration experience of RHEL 6 & 7
- Tangible experience of Devops toolchain (Jenkins, GIT) and their application to optimizing Enterprise Infrastructure Delivery
- Experience managing and deploying across large Virtual Server and Cloud based platforms
- Exposure to container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Security Cleared* AWS Cloud Lead Technical Consultant
Cloud Native Lead (AWS/DevOps)
Location: Croydon, London
Security Cleared - Network Architect - Perm - Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Shift Production Operator
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Salary: £11.74 - £13 per hour + 25+8 paid holidays