|Job Title:||Lead Software Developer - Java - Dublin|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Duration:||6 month rolling|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Lead Software Developer - Java - Dublin
Our client is a global IT Services and Innovations provider, delivering ICT-based business solutions to customers in 70 countries worldwide. Within Ireland, they are growing quickly and have a number of exciting new positions to challenge the very best technical specialists.
Are you a Senior Software Developer with solid industry experience using Java based technologies, good software development skills and experience working all stages of the software development life cycle. If so, then please apply to a brand new contract position based in Dublin, working for one of the worlds leading ICT Solutions Providers.
You must be technically rounded, with skills ranging from core design and development to implementation and post implementation support. You will be professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be in a customer facing position.
As the Lead Software Developer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide Integration Technical Leadership and Guidance.
- Lead teams of up to 5 developers.
- Develop high quality software components to meet client requirements participating in large and small development teams using traditional and agile delivery techniques.
- Implementing change requests to existing systems taking ownership of the full end-to-end delivery process.
- Delivery of high quality software to test and support of test cycles
- Delivery of high quality software to production environment
- Lead and participate in production releases and subsequent support activities
- Responsible for solution design, Quality Assurance, maintaining system configuration information and production of software related documentation
- Estimation and planning of large scale projects and play lead role in bid preparation
- Designing highly scalable, secure solutions
- Provide coaching of more junior team members
To be successful you will ideally posses the following skillset and background:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, information technology discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years' Java experience with strong enterprise integration skills ideally in a Telco environment
- At least 5 years experience working with the following technologies: Spring Framework, Web Services, Hibernate, JSP development, JSF or other MVC architecture.
- Good knowledge of EJB, JTA, JMX, JDBC technologies
- Strong Maven and Ant Build experience
- Experience of AWS technologies an advantage
- Extensive experience in requirement analysis, technical documentation and design skills.
- Extensive experience in requirement gathering, functional documentation and UML skills
- Extensive experience in Distributed Software Engineering (e.g. REST/JSON, SOAP, SOA, CORBA)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong experience in RDBMS and SQL on at least one commercial database
- Experience in web services development (e.g. Apache CXF, Apache Service Mix)
- Experience of at least one source code management system (e.g. SVN, GIT, Visual SourceSafe)
The following skills would be desirable but not essential:
- Ability to work in large scale, high volume, real-time JEE environments and large scale integration projects
- Experience of AWS Cloud Services
- Knowledge of Oracle, WebLogic and JBoss application servers
- Enterprise messaging JMS, MQ etc.
- Performance testing and tooling
- Oracle 10G and 11G databases
- Knowledge of agile development
- Full delivery lifecycle exposure
- Relevant IT certification a bonus
- Background in Telco business domain would be a distinct advantage.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on Patrick.Mcnamara@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Java Developer - Telco
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: €450 - €470 per day
Lead Tech Platform Engineer
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Travel Platform Lead
Location: Oxfordshire, England
ISEB /ISTQB Lead Performance Tester, Loadrunner
Lead Tech Platform Engineer - Azure
Location: London, England