|Job Title:||Lead Network/Cyber Security Engineer (firewall/Malware/SSL/TLS)|
|Contact Name:||Alice Davis|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Lead Network/ Cyber Security Engineer/Consultant (Next generation firewall/Malware/SSL/TLS) is urgently required by our Global IT Services client for a rolling 12-month contract to be based in London.
This role forms part of the Global Cyber Security Engineering Team; working within the wider Global CISO (Chief Information Security Office) business unit.
The Lead Network/ Cyber Security Engineer/Consultant will require team lead experience for a team deploying, managing, improving and providing domain expertise across a wide range of security tooling including, but not limited to the below technologies:
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Next Generation Intrusion Prevention
- Network malware prevention
- SSL/TLS inspection
- Packet capture
- Network forensics
- Network monitoring
Your activities will cover:
- Gather Group and regional requirements.
- Research and aid in the selection of new technologies.
- Plan, design and implement new and existing technologies globally.
- Own platforms and be the global subject matter expert.
- Work with third-parties to ensure toolsets are meeting their potential and remediate issues.
- Respond to tickets and incidents from the Global Security Operations Centre.
- Ownership of incidents and alerts, chasing third-party suppliers and escalation where required.
- Support the Global CISO business engagement model
- Ability to support out of hours on-call service.
- Support the assessment of security control operations across business lines and third-party suppliers.
- Analysis of management information and delivery of onward reporting.
As well as project and business as usual activities, you will be required to be an internal consultant. As such you will be expected to quickly consume network topology data, make security-based configuration recommendations and be the Group network security engineering SME. Note, this role will not be designing, building or managing networks.
Skills & Experience:
- SME level experience of leading network security projects.
- SME level experience of deploying and managing network security technologies.
- Experience of deploying and managing network infrastructure (firewalls, routing and switching etc.).
- Experience of Linux Operating Systems.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people.
- Educated to degree level (in relevant discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Relevant network and security certifications such as CCNP Security would be beneficial
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Network Security Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Lead Solution Architect (OT/Operational Technology/SCADA)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Lead Architect - Smart Meter Programme (SCADA)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Senior Windows Server Support Engineer
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Salary plus benefits
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Salary: Daily Rate