LEAD CLOUD TRANSFORMATION ARCHITECT (APPLICATION MODERNISATION) - REMOTE- CONTRACT
Leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector require a Hybrid IT Lead Modernisation Architect with a solid engineering background in Cloud Managed Services and specifically experience in Transformation Services for any one or all of Azure, AWS, and VMware alternative cloud implementations. You are expected to act as the Lead Modernisation Architect in the establishment of a standardised global product for the efficient transformation of customers to our client's Cloud Managed Service. You will design the collateral/processes/guidelines/automations for Application Modernisation and will be working to establish a global standard transformation service. You are required to establish solutions for the automation of the transformation, with consideration of templating/automation for dramatic improvements in migration quality and speed. You should be knowledgeable across cloud, DevOps, and application modernisation. You will work with the Product Owner to establish best practice for our Transformation service. This will require you to act as a guide, mentor, in the development of the solutions you establish; whilst also providing ongoing support.You will operate as the Lead Modernisation Architect in a dedicated SAFe System Squad, as part of the HIT Agile Release Train for Cloud Managed Services and HIT
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Product Owner in the establishment of integration solutions, and on identifying the right approach.
- Lead the development of all artefacts around delivering a standard global Transformation and Migration service that will enable the adoption of the client Cloud Managed Service offering and architectural roadmap.
- Provide input and assessment of the viability and desirability of tool selection for automation of Transformation Services
- Provide architectural governance to ensure we deliver services in-line with industry best practice
- Accountable for enabling delivery centres with the required solutions that will enable them to the deliver the Transformation Service
- Responsible for the mentoring of members in the delivery team
- Provide technical guidance based on best practices and principles set by the Principal Architect in relation to integration; to other engineers and architects on the way to implement the integration solutions.
- Lead in-depth integration discussions with teams to build their understanding and confidence and ensure success when building new services on Cloud platforms.
- Be a trusted advisor to Engineers and Squad Architects on Integration for the Principal Architect.
- Create internal and external technical content, such as design documents, presentations, demos, and videos.
- Engineering and operational experience with the implementation of Cloud Managed Services and integration solutions
- Strong ability to provide well-conceived, clearly articulated, pragmatic integration solutions and recommendations to complex infrastructure and application problems within a Cloud Domain as architected by the Principal Architect.
- Ability to translate architectural solutions and business requirements into multiple design options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
Multi-Cloud, Cloud Services Experience:
- Expert understanding of Multi-Cloud concepts, architectures, and capability; with extensive Multi-Cloud technical advisory and consultancy skills
- Engineering, architecture and operational experience with broader business experience
- Track record of implementing Cloud services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and container technologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Infrastructure management experience with mutable and immutable methods
Architectural and Design Skills:
- Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
- Strong ability and track record to provide well-conceived, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex infrastructure and application problems within the Multi-Cloud domain
- Microservices architecture, design, implementation, and management
- Cloud security design and implementation
- Architecting and documenting Cloud platform capabilities across AWS, Azure and or VMWare
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner
Automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) & DevOps
- Enabling and working withing DevOps constructs, and agile software development
- Experience in developing against multi-cloud APIs. (VMWare, Azure, AWS)
- CI/CD pipelines. Service Now CI/CMDB and service catalog integration Cloud Management Platforms
- Solid understanding of and coding experience working with one or more of the following languages
- Coding experience C#, Python, YAML and Templates
- Scripting capability and the ability to Infrastructure as Code (IaC),
- ARM, Cloud Formation, CDK, Bicep, Ansible etc.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
Senior AWS Solution Architect
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
PRE-SALES SOLUTION ARCHITECT- REMOTE- CONTRACT
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Azure Pass Developer / Architect
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
SQL DATABASE TESTER - HYBRID - COVENTRY- CONTRACT
Location: Coventry, West Midlands