|Job Title:||Lead Cloud Transformation Architect (Azure)|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Contact Name:||Tim Shepherd|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Microsoft Azure / Solution Architect / Togaf / PAAS / DevOps / Cloud
This is a great opportunity to join an established architecture team, with an immediate focus on delivering a complex Cloud migration project for a large UK customer. You will be a senior member of the team responsible for technical leadership of cloud transformation projects. Your track record and experience of both traditional infrastructure and cloud, will enable you to smoothly transform client environments to cloud in order to achieve their business goals.
In this role, you will analyse the client's business requirements, use your broad technical knowledge and cloud platform skills to architect the right solution. You will show leadership to the wider project and technical teams across the Global Delivery Centres when needed. Your leadership skills will enable you to coach members of the team, drive solutions forward and be able to take a pragmatic approach to ensure success in challenging environments.
You will have excellent stakeholder management skills, strong commercial awareness and be comfortable working closely with clients. You have the skills to easily translate complex technical and business topics to match the audience.
You will significant experience of working in Azure. As well as having achieved platform certification, you will have participated at industry community networking and knowledge sharing events. This is a great opportunity to join a team that will provide exposure to large enterprise cloud projects.
In this role you will be:
- Leading and architecting Azure cloud solutions in hybrid enterprise environments
- Taking responsibility for the end-to-end technical solution
- Leading our people where needed to deliver elements of a solution (matrix management)
- Acting as a technical leader and providing guidance to the wider project
- Analysing client business requirements and translating these to the right technical solution
- Designing, planning and delivering cloud migration projects
- Leading client workshops and working as part of joint Fujitsu and client agile teams
- Documenting technical strategy, solutions and reviewing component designs
- Establishing trusted working relationships both internally and externally
- Actively sharing knowledge within the team and Cloud Community
Skills - Essential
The ideal architect will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect certification
- Proven experience owning technical strategy and solutions from design through to successful delivery
- Experience designing, planning and delivering cloud migration projects in enterprise environments
- Experience leading other team members to deliver solution elements
- Extensive experience architecting cloud solutions in complex enterprise environments
- Broad technical awareness of multiple application technologies, with strong knowledge of Java applications.
- Excellent stakeholder management of senior decision makers
- Strong understanding of traditional infrastructure environments including security and networking
- Good awareness of end-to-end business applications and enterprise services
- Proactive working style and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Great analytical skills and enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Client focused with strong presentation skills and written communication
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
Skills - Desirable
The following skills and qualifications are also desirable:
- Experience of architecture frameworks and processes (e.g. TOGAF)
- Experience working in a service integrator or service provider environment
- Microsoft Azure - PaaS skills
- Exposure working in a cloud-native environment
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK&I alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Solution Architect (OT/Operational Technology/SCADA)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Office 365 (O365) Lead Architect (Azure/Exchange/Sharepoint)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Lead Architect - Smart Meter Programme (SCADA)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Location: Berkshire, England
Windows 10 Architect
Location: Cardiff, Wales