Lead Cloud Native Developer
Location: Croydon, Bracknell, Basingstoke (travel between sites may be required)
Start date: Nov 2019
End date: until May 2020
This is an important lead role working alongside our customer to showcase and re-architect a legacy application.
The role holder works at a senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects, strategies and architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contributing key insights. They provide technical advice and assistance to the sales force, sales agents, reseller/distributor staff and existing or prospective customers, either in support of customer development or sales activity or in fulfilment of sales obligations.
Essential competences / skills
- DevOps culture
- Agile methodologies
- AWS + delivery in developing micro services in Spring boot, Docker, Gitlab
- Defines major technical projects for customers, influencing their view of acceptable investment level. Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
- Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- Cost and risk. May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
- Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
- Business development. Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Requirements and design. Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.