Responsible for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards. The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the applications or to service delivery functions.
* Designs or undertakes impact analysis of small to medium size solutions or partial solutions within an established architecture.
* Schedules and monitors own work, escalating problems and queries to higher levels to ensure timescales are met.
* Contributes to and may produce project plans for medium size solutions or partial solutions.
* May schedule and monitor the work of others in team management situation.
* Collates and is responsible for proposals and bids (0 - 100 days), of which some work packages will be undertaken by others. This may also include responses to change requests.
* Contributes to solution reviews.
* Produces high quality solutions and documentation through the use of a structured approach for problems with medium complexity.
* Has identified and implemented ways to exceed customer expectation.
* Fluently presents complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
* Can give clear and concise instructions to those that they are providing guidance to.
- Experience of Virtualization Technology; preferably VMware
- Understanding of Citrix.
- Proficient in use of MDT and SCCM for client builds.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, and VB scripting.
- Build and commission of multi-cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) platforms
- Strong understanding of GPO and Active Directory.
- APP-V and MSI packaging background.
- SAN experience.
- Networking exposure.
- Focus on measuring and communicating by results, outcomes, and achievements.
- Ability to cope with upward and downward pressure.
- Experience of formal change control and configuration management.
- Experience of working in large-scale projects.
Key Performance Indicators
* When implemented, the designs successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet the requirement specification.
* Consistently produces deliverables, which require minimal rework following a peer review prior to the engineering phase.
* Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
* Issues are notified in a timely manner.
* Responses are provided within the agreed timeframe.
* Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
* Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
* Can produce tangible evidence of how they have proactively identified and resolved potential issues and risks to enable successful delivery.
* Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to a technical and non-technical audience, utilizing appropriate language and terminology.
* Can produce evidence of how their ideas have benefitted their own team and other teams, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
* Can produce evidence of how they have positively contributed to other teams.
* Is able to provide evidence of how they have influenced customer requirements
* Evidence that Corporate and local methodologies have been followed.
* Evidence of input to local processes. These local processes are in regular use and have been successfully audited.
* Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant methods and processes.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Application Lead - Automation
Location: Reading, Berkshire
SAP ABAP Architect/SAP ABAP Consultant/Technical Lead
Oracle APEX Developer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Developer (SC Clearable/AWS/Automation/DevOps/Ansible)
AZURE DEVOPS, LOGIC APPS-.NET DEVELOPER - REMOTE -CONTRACT
Location: London, England