Outline of Role
The current LAN GC Team support over 1400 sites globally across all security classifications. They are currently undergoing a restructure to meet its optimal Target Operating Model (TOM) hence the need for a skilled Solutions Architect to lead the GC LAN Team.
In meeting the TOM, It is essential for the GC LAN Team to have leadership technically and managerially. This leadership has to me permanently positioned within the Team at STE04 to gain maximum from the leadership role.
The role will be fully responsible for developing and delivering LAN support services across the GC estate focusing specifically on the current/future LAN Team, estate alert monitoring and the proactive resolution of issues preventing user incidents being reported to the GC LAN Service - this will include being the technical lead on LAN Solutions, delivery of resource commitments to NSSR's, Major Change.
The role will report to GC Service Delivery in general and budgetary control to John Williams LAN SDM
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
- Provide day to day Technical Leadership to the GC LAN Team at STE04
- To support the GC Service Teams in ensuring that LAN Designs and other Changes being delivered into service are in line with service requirements.
- To provide technical and network expertise into specific projects within Global Connectivity Programme such as BPS, PPS, Migration which may have an impact to the LAN service
- Ensure the designs produced which may impact the LAN service are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board.
- Provide input into reports ,when required, to the customer and Lead Network Architect
- Liaise with Network Architects within N&T (Fujitsu UK&I) to ensure that the designs produced by DNS Network Architects are conformant with those produced as part of the LAN solution.
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- Provide IA on customer and internal Change Requests
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade
- Experience of delivering network solutions and involvement throughout the design lifecycle
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT accreditation
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- SVI/RVI design and configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration
- AAA design and configuration
- Access lists configuration
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Remote Access solutions i,e Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure
- VPN design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
- Possess DV/SC security clearance
- Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS
- DNS and IPAM knowledge
- services Design of network within virtualized infrastructure
- VMware ESXi
- Active Directory/DHCP services
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan
- Network Management toolsets
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
Did You Know?
- Fujitsu is the world's fourth-largest IT services provider and No.1 in Japan.
- Fujitsu is among the world's top five providers of servers.
- FORTUNE named Fujitsu as one of 'the World's Most Admired Companies' in 2013.
- Fujitsu Group holds about 97,000 patents worldwide.
- Fujitsu is part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (World), FTSE4Good Index Series, and Oekom research.
- Newsweek ranks us as the seventeenth most eco-conscious company in the world. (Newsweek's Green Rankings)
At Fujitsu we believe in the power of difference to create a better future for everyone. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel able to contribute to the success of the Company. If you are talented, enthusiastic and keen to make a difference you can succeed in our organisation. We respect people regardless of their background, ensuring equal opportunities for all. Our policies enable us to reflect today's multi-cultural society and the changing social and economic patterns in the workforce. We welcome applications from disabled candidates and if you have an injury, disability or long term health condition which requires us to make adjustments to allow you to perform to the best of your ability in the recruitment process then please contact email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Java Developer
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Technical Design Authority - Infrastructure and Connectivity
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Lead Infrastructure Architect - SC Cleared
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire
DevOps Lead Engineer - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Chief Information Security Officer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire