Lab / Machine Technician
6 Month Initial Contract
My client are a global R&D company developing cutting edge optoelectronic devices for next generation communication networks and they are looking for a Lab / Machine Technician to join their Epitaxy team. This will be an initial 6 month contract paying a competitive daily rate.
We are looking for a Technician with the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in running material / product assessment / evaluation tools and accurately recording data
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent attention to detail and manual dexterity (InP substrates are very fragile)
- Proven ability to take accurate notes relating to the processes
- Ability to use web-based or bespoke software tools
- Demonstrable experience in using complex computer controlled systems
- Experience in epitaxy growth systems or similar chemical engineering systems would be highly beneficial
If you would be willing to have on the job training and learn technical information around epitaxy then please apply now.
As Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Characterisation of semiconductor material using appropriate tools
- Basic operation of one or more MOCVD reactors (un)loading InP substrates and transferring product to characterisation area
- Grow defined devices according to the recipes provided to allow shipments to customers or for evaluation
- Use the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to input data in order to maintain the process flow
- Work in accordance with quality and safety procedures.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.