We have a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Network Engineer looking to join a dynamic bid team to work with a leading provider of IT products and services for the global marketplace including hardware, software, networking, business solutions, and more. Location: Basingstoke.
*A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
We are looking for a 2nd Line Network Engineer to Support & augment the existing Shared Service to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern. The role will involve:
- Event Management: Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management: Incident logging, triage and assignment on both the DNS Microsoft System Centre Service Manager Toolset and the Home Office ServiceNow Toolset. Manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed WI.
- Problem Management: Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Patch Deployment: Deployment of monthly security patches to Microsoft server environments using the Microsoft SCCM toolset.
- Change Management: Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
- Request Fulfilment: Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNP level (minimum)
- Hands-on experiencing in troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Good understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Good understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, 802.1X, spanning-tree)
- Experience with firewalls - Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, and Cisco ISE
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI
- Understanding of network-level encryption
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.