Java Software Developer - Java - Space - Bristol - Permanent
Our client is a leading developer of IT services within the sectors of government, defence, marine, environment and space. They are currently keen to employ a skilled Software Engineer to join their Space Division.
You will be involved in exciting projects from observing the Earth's weather systems to spacecraft missions, including monitoring and control, planning, automation, operations data preparation, archives and big data analysis. you will also be developing an exciting new product to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
As a Software Developer you will be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle and will be responsible for implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You may also have the opportunity to visit the customer site to assist with testing and provide support or training.
- A software engineering background with development experience in Java.
- An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices, including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
- The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
- Programming within an eclipse environment using Java
- Linux systems
- Software design and UML
- Knowledge of programming in C/C++
- Requirements engineering
- Understanding of verification and validation
- Knowledge of spacecraft planning systems would be useful but is not an essential requirement
- Knowledge of HLA will be an advantage
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Security Clearance desirable
- Willing to travel to customer sites
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.