The role is to provide 24/7 IT Support as a member of the Engineering Operations CAS Team. Department actively helps Client programme makers create and deliver great content across radio, TV and online. The team supports a range of Client platforms including Windows, MAC and MDM both on site and remotely for our International Client, undertaking a mixture of: 1st line support calls, typical 2nd line IT desk visits, User Admin requests and also a customer facing Laptop Clinic.
- The ability to deal with multiple concurrent projects in an efficient, systematic and thorough manner, maintaining accuracy, safety and attention to detail when working to tight deadlines.
- Technical analysis and resolution of a diverse range of incidents impacting live services. Initiate response to service disruption, and support proactive measures aimed at preventing recurrence.
- Use problem solving techniques and technical knowledge to translate alarms from components into real-world impact, to inform and guide incident response
- Logging all incidents accurately, and documenting all investigative activities; including all technical means employed to ascertain the nature of the fault and remedial action taken
- Managing incident and escalating as appropriate and as per defined processes.
- Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned or unexpected events.
- Thorough handover of incident and environmental information through shift changes to colleagues within the team.
- Keep up to date with operational changes in a fluid environment, ensuring that actions are taken in line with current best practice.
- Use strong communication skills to articulate accurate information to technical and non-technical audiences in the course of addressing an incident, and in related actions afterwards.
- Able to discuss or convey complex technical systems both verbally in meetings, calls etc, and non-verbally in incident tickets and documentation.
- Ensure that the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Working Time Directive and other workplace related legislation are observed ; responsible for ensuring that risk assessments are completed, appropriate and meet CLIENT standards; responsible for ensuring appropriate method statements are reviewed and fit for purpose Knowledge, skills, training and experience Essential
- Experience in logging and managing incidents in an operational environment
- Strong experience of working with Microsoft Active Directory and SCCM administration in an operational business environment.
- Strong experience of supporting Microsoft Windows Workstation Windows 7 in an operational business environment
- Strong experience of troubleshooting software and hardware issues on windows based desktops and laptops
- Experience of Microsoft Office products including strong knowledge of Outlook configuration in an operational business environment.
- Knowledge of support centre call logging systems.
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of laptops with a strong emphasis on remote access via broadband and wireless connections.
- Experience of training novice users in operating technical equipment and software applications.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP over Ethernet networks
If you would like to be considered for the position, please can you send your CV through to Rohit.firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
2nd Line Wintel Support Engineer (security clearance required)
Location: City of London, London
Business Support Specialist
Salary: £10.00 - £12.00 per hour
Business Support Specialist
Location: Londonderry, County Londonderry
IT Service Desk / Help Desk Team Leader
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester