|Job Title:||IT Engineer - Support Environment Maintenance Engineer|
|REF:||FJS - P - NP - SEME_1582127524|
|Contact Name:||Nancy Pottinger|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Support Environment Maintenance Engineer - PERMANENT
Are you an IT Support Engineer who combines technical skills with an ability to maintain and support multiple environments and also build and deploy new environments by installing and configuring Operating Systems, Applications and Tools? Are you an 'all-rounder' with experience in supporting infrastructure, networks and applications?
Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
We are looking for an Environment Maintenance Engineer, working within our Defence Offerings team, to join our existing dynamic Solution Build & Test Practice. They will work closely with the Infrastructure Architects, Network Architects, Integration Engineers and Project Managers to build and support a variety of solutions that vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster and more effective solutions. This is a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
The role will be based in Basingstoke but will require some travel to support solutions demonstrations at customer locations.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and maintaining multiple environments.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Architects and Project Managers to regarding the progress of the solution build.
- Customer facing experience at various levels.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Orange Clearance.
- Demonstrable experience configuring and deploying Windows servers & clients in both virtual and physical environments.
- Knowledge of Linux Servers and Desktops on a variety of distributions.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Active Directory, VMWare ESX, CITRIX and agent installs (e.g. McAfee Endpoint, Windows Updates and Network Monitoring tools etc.).
- The application and configuration of lockdowns and clamps.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Network/NOC Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/Cisco)
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Enterprise Management engineer - Microsoft System Center
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Security Cleared* AIX Engineer (2nd Line/3rd Line/VMAX)
Security Cleared* AIX Engineer (AIX/UNIX 2nd/3rd Line Support)
Senior Java Developer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland