|Job Title:||IT Asset & Configuration Management Analyst/SACM Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
IT Service Asset & Configuration Management/SACM Analyst/Asset Management Analyst is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 3 months rolling contract, to be based in Oxford, Oxfordshire.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Review and maintain CMDB (Configuration Management Database) to monitor and manage all devices and assets. Identify best use through auditing of database and hardware, cross-checking of servers for relevant devices (e.g. radio's, laptops, mobile data) to meet auditing requirements.
- Troubleshooting, analysing and resolving issues and trends in liaison with the Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for any issues that cannot be resolved at 1st point of contact.
- Actively encourage users in making more effective use of IT assets to enable them to work more efficiently.
- Manage and maintain the life-cycle of devices to include provisioning, repairing and de-commissioning to ensure efficient and effective best use of assets.
- Create articles for the knowledge database to ensure effective information sharing within the team.
- Responsible for the authorised issuance, audit and return of assets, managing the requests for loan hardware, including the recall of loaned items, to ensure the hardware items can be tracked and managed.
- Controls IT assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorised assets, including secure master copies of software, documentation, data, licenses and agreements for supply, warranty and maintenance), and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location.
- Ensures that there are no unauthorised assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
- Excellent client facing experience
- Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Assists users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrates, installs and commissions desk-top systems and their routine upgrades. Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
- Assists users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services, investigating complex problem situations to diagnose underlying causes and helping users to recover or continue operation.
- Ensures that requests are handled according to agreed procedures. For all requests that cannot be resolved, provides an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information. Uses judgement to set priority for resolution, monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily.
- In consultation with users/customers, demonstrates all features, plans requirements, installs (including field modification) and commissions desk-top systems, products and services and their upgrades.
- Interprets technical manuals and documentation and provides instruction manuals for non-technical users; provides training in all modes of usage of systems, products and services providing information on the full range of capabilities including dealing with exception conditions.
- Desirable: Public sector experience
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassandrebutcheruk.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IT Recruitment Consultant - Permanent Hires
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum + car, pension, bonus, healthcare, etc.
Data Quality Analyst
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary+bens+bonus
IT Change and Release Manager - Solihull - Permanent
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Data Governance Manager/Senior Business Analyst
Location: South East England, England
Site Coordination Committee Support Analyst
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive daily rate