We are currently looking for an IT & Office Manager to support a temporary contract for 3 months based in Reading.
As the Office Manager you would be responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading IT-related activities within Launchpad Reading. Determine the IT needs of Launchpad and be responsible for implementing IT systems to fulfil Launchpad's operational requirements. Manage the administrative activities that facilitate the running of the office. Ensure that office equipment is maintained to appropriate levels and manage the contracts relating to these functions.
IT Management and Support:
To act as first point of contact for and provide initial support and assistance to Launchpad staff requiring assistance with IT hardware, software and phones. To also, liaise with external IT support companies; printer providers; mobile phone providers
- To take a lead role in the strategic planning of Launchpad's IT systems.
- To plan, implement and develop new IT systems or processes as they are needed.
- Provide verbal and written reports to the Senior Management Team on changes required to the IT systems and relevant implementation planning.
- Communicate to all staff on any changes regarding IT.
- Develop, review and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure they comply with current legislation and Launchpad's operations and activities.
- Have responsibility for the operation of all office administration including:
- Managing the office supply contractors to include watercoolers, fire alarm system, CCTV system, panic alarm system, waste disposal, and franking system, printing system, air conditioning and IT providers.
- Receipt and distribution of incoming post and deliveries, and distribution of internal mail and the collection and posting of outgoing mail and packages.
- Maintaining stocks and ordering supplies of stationery, kitchen supplies, recycling/refuse and toiletries.
- Negotiate Service Level Agreements or contracts with office suppliers to ensure best value for money outcome based on Launchpad's requirements.
- Prepare for contract renewals and complete a tender process where appropriate.
- Regular testing of the CCTV, Fire Alarms and Panic Alarms.
- Create, manage and maintain database of contracts with suppliers and ensure that timely review is given prior to break clauses or end of contract term.
- Team support and handling all enquiries.
Experience and Qualifications needed:
- Experience of managing administration systems and procedures and understanding of Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge of homelessness issues
- Understanding of safeguarding - Ability to recognise risk and implement safeguarding procedures and reporting where necessary
- Ability to understand technical and non-technical IT support requests and experience with working on IT related issue both Software and Hardware.
- Experience of working in highly confidential environment and following appropriate policies and procedures; and experience of working in compliance with the Data Protection Act and similar legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise/flex according to circumstances
- Ability to work as part of a team and be supportive to colleagues whilst also able to work on own initiative
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, managing multiple and conflicting priorities
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IT Programme Manager
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Location: Hampshire, England
Location: Wiltshire, England
Project Manager (ServiceNow/SNOW)
Azure Business System Migration Manager