|Job Title:||IP Network Engineer|
|Salary:||Competitive Daily Rate|
|Duration:||6 Months +|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
IP Network Engineer
6 Month Initial Contract
IP Network Engineer - this is a 6 month initial contract working for a well-known communications company in Reading, Berkshire.
This position will involve working shifts - 24/7/365 shift rota basis
As IP Network Engineer you will provide 3rd line technical support for IP equipment, troubleshooting faults, liaising with vendors/suppliers to resolve vendor related issues, and supporting the integration of new services and infrastructure. Working within the wider back office support team you will be responsible for the IP network infrastructure serving the customer network. You will provide operational control and maintenance of IP equipment supporting key end customer services.
Technical Skills & Experiences Required:
A good understanding/ hands on experience of:
- IP Networks, 7 layer model, and TCP/IP technologies such as DNS, SNMP, telnet, HTTP, HTTPs and ICMP
- Routing protocols - OSPF, IS-IS, BGP
- Data carrying techniques - MPLS
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of network traffic using tools such as Wireshark
- Strong fault finding skills
The following are desirable:
- Hands-on experience with:
- Juniper JUNOS and platforms such as MX960, M320, EX9214, E4500, EX4200;
- Huawei NE40 platforms;
- Cisco ACE and CSM load balancer products.
- Technical competencies Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS and platforms including Nexus, 7600, 6500, 3750.
- Technical qualification or practical experience to a CCNP/CCIP level.
If you have the required technical skills and experience then please submit your CV online.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Security Cleared 3rd Line Network Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Network Architect - Security Cleared - Contract - Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: London, England
Location: Remote, USA
Location: Remote, Global