Work for an industry leader within telecoms in great offices with a great culture.
What will the role involve?
- Providing 3rd level technical support for IP equipment in a multi-vendor environment.
- Providing out-of-hours on-call support cover as part of the 24x7 on-call rota.
- Troubleshooting logged faults in order to accurately isolate the cause, taking corrective action to minimize the impact of faults when they occur.
- Liaising with vendors where necessary in order to resolve vendor related issues and monitor progress through to resolution.
- Supporting the implementation of new equipment and the ongoing maintenance, and configuration of existing systems.
- Supporting project deliveries from engineering, review design documentation, implement solutions, and subsequently deploy configuration.
- Developing, documenting and refining best practice and standard operating procedures/processes to improve the management of IP infrastructure.
- Building good working relationships with staff from all areas of the business to consistently achieve the best results.
- Reviewing and approving network change requests.
What experience do you need?
- A good understanding of:
- IP Networks, 7 layer model, and TCP/IP technologies such as DNS, SNMP, telnet, HTTP, HTTPs, and ICMP;
- Routing protocols, including OSPF, IS-IS, BGP;
- Data-carrying techniques such as MPLS;
- High availability switching and routing environments including HSRP.
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of network traffic using traffic analysis tools such as Wireshark.
For finer details please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 01628762270
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.