|Job Title:||IP Designer - Juniper|
|Location:||South East England, England|
|Duration:||6 months +|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
We have an interesting opportunity for an IP Network Designer with strong Juniper experience, who we would like to engage in a new project to help deliver the latest IoT IP connectivity. The role is fully remote working and the Company is a global leader in managed services.
IoT engages SIM based evolution within global enterprise connectivity management for connected vehicles, industrial site connectivity, data, and network insights with security plus automation. The role will involve client's configuration data that requires migration from the old MPBN to the new MPBN. Most of the clients are terminate in two Data Centers via LL to Extreme Switches. These Extreme Switches are then up linked to the MX960's. Client migration shall be in stages; thus, a baby step approach shall be taken per client.
What the role will be doing:
- Analysing configuration data on old MPBN SR8020 Redback Routers and transferring that configuration concept to new MX960 Routers
- The new deployment on the MX960 Routers shall collapse Core and PE functionalities into one configuration per MX960 Router
- Ensure end to end completeness of Network Infrastructure and Connectivity Technical Design
- Ensure alignment to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model
- Plan the implementation of the solution deployment and Integration work, to ensure timely delivery
- Prepare acceptance test and handover to the IoT Network Operations Center teams
- Work with implementation teams to ensure that delivered solutions match customer requirements and performance
- Provide 3rd level troubleshooting support to the Network Operations Center, when required
- Liaise closely with the Chief Architect for strategy configuration requirements
- Proven experience in design & deployment of global WAN architectures, preferably with service provider level experience
- Very good understanding of IP transport architectures in Juniper (Ethernet, MPLS, Metro etc,)
- Hands on experience with VPN Services, Layer 2 Ethernet services, High availability and Datacenter Switching
- Highly proficient in the design and deployment of WAN routing protocols on Juniper products
- Experience in designing solutions with multiple protocols (Spanning Tree, FHRP, OSPF, BFD, BGP)
- Juniper Networks Certified or equivalent is highly recommended, as is experience with both Cisco & Juniper Service Provider & Enterprise level equipment
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.email@example.com - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.