Our client, a leading mobile operator are currently recruiting for a number of IP Design Engineers to join their existing team.
This role sits within the wider IP Design Strategy function and will involve capturing the specifics for the evolving IP Routing, Switching and Security Strategy and Policy and to appropriately influence and guide the network evolution.
You will be accountable for the design and implementation of IP Routing, Switching and Security solutions to fulfil the requirements of particular customer or a particular domain.
Required to write or review & approve:
- Statement of Requirements,
- Impact Assessments,
- Target Architecture,
- High Level Design,
- Detailed Design,
- Implementation plan, and
- Transition To Operations documents
- Provide 4th line support to Operations as required
You will have operational experience of either:
- Cisco Routers: 6500, 7600, 7200 VXRs, 3600, 2600 & 837
- Cisco catalyst switches platforms: 6500, 4000, 3500 and 2900
- Juniper EX Series switches
- Redback SE800
- Content Switching Module (CSM)
- Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) for load balancing
- Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) for application security
- Cisco PIX, ASA and FWSM firewalls
- Check Point firewall gateways on IPSO and SPLAT with Provider-1
- Cisco Security Manager (CS-Manager), Cisco Security Monitoring & Reporting System (CS-MARS)
- Cisco ACS
In addition, the ideal candidate will be CCIE or equivalent accredited.
Any additional accreditation's such as CCSA, CCSE, CCSP, CISSP would be beneficial not essential, as would any previous experience of operating within a telco or ISP environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.