Integration Engineer - Video Delivery
Based in Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for a proven Integration Engineer who wants to support the delivery of a new media delivery platform for a top client.
The client is looking for someone from an Integration Engineering background who has a solid understanding of "over the top" video delivery, and who has had exposure to OTT video multi-device clients.
You should be someone who is confident in making decisions based on the data available and to use judgement when extensive analysis is not possible or required, as well as...
- Willingness to take ownership of technical issues /problems and see them through to conclusion
- Enthusiasm for identifying and implementing service improvements that benefit internal operating practices
- Having the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team depending on the requirements at the time
- A curiosity, ability and desire to learn and gain experience with technology, systems and processes that are new or fall outside your comfort zone
Skill, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of the UNIX based technology platforms, common technologies used to provision network services (e.g. load balancers, VPN, remote desktop, firewalls) and experience of automating the provisioning, maintenance and release of infrastructure and / or applications.
- Demonstrable experience of Amazon AWS and direct experience installing configuring and of running workloads.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of high availability technologies and methodologies.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of commercial database product (e.g. Microsoft SQL, PostgressSQL)
- Experience of web infrastructure (LAMP or similar). Either operational support or build out of applications exposing (REST) API over HTTP/S.
- Excellent understanding of general IT infrastructure server HW/Storage/ TCP/IP networks such that you can configure devices on multiple networks, commission server HW/storage. apply and understand DNS configuration, physical/virtual server maintenance, patching and firewall configuration.
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable candidates will be considered and contacted.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Service Delivery Manager / Service Manager - Patching
Location: Stratford, London
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Location: Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong
Salary: competitive market rate
DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared)
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: Daily Rate
Technical Services Engineer Expert
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland