|Job Title:||Infrastructure Specialist (3rd Line Support) - Citrix/Windows|
|Contact Name:||Alice Davis|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Infrastructure Specialist (3rd Line Support) - Citrix/Windows - is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client, for a rolling 6-month contract to be based in Edinburgh. The successful individual will have strong Citrix and Windows Infrastructure (including Windows Server) skills.
- Dealing with user Incidents referred from the 2nd Level support team.
- Liaising with other support teams and vendors to investigate issues.
- Providing technical input to Major Incident recoveries.
- Owning and taking actions to resolve Problems.
- Undertaking Release (security and vulnerability patching), build image creation and build test activities.
- Raising and performing infrastructure changes.
- Assisting Projects with infrastructure build-out and service transformation activities
- Creating new virtual client server and infrastructure builds, updating the CMDB and build manager toolsets.
- Building and configuring new platform environments, following designs produced by the Solution Architects.
- Supporting Application Packaging team to get an Application installed on the virtual platform.
- Developing new build configurations to optimise application launch times and application performance.
- Designing tests to validate the implementation of changes.
- Raising test and change paperwork and performing changes to maintain the currency and integrity of the infrastructure supported.
- Reviewing SCOM alerts raised for the server infrastructure and liaising with Service Management to refine the Enterprise Management monitoring.
- Monitoring the performance of the file clusters hosting user profiles and highlighting resource constraints.
- Modifying user profile configurations (GPO and AppSense Environment Manager) to fix issues and add new functionality.
- Analysing Windows Server performance data and employing tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler and Aternity to identify issues, bottlenecks, capacity limitations and constraints.
- Troubleshooting complicated Incidents involving many inter-connected components using formal Problem Analysis methodologies to identify root cause.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Network/NOC Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/Cisco)
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Security Cleared* AIX Engineer (AIX/UNIX 2nd/3rd Line Support)
Security Cleared* AIX Engineer (2nd Line/3rd Line/VMAX)
Senior Java Developer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland