Cork, Ireland (Hybrid)
Great opportunity to work as Infrastructure Lead for a high profile , well-loved brand within IT Service Company based out of Dublin. We are looking for Infrastructure Lead- Data Centre Infrastructure (servers, storage, etc.) and End User Computing (Citrix).
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of Citrix End User Computing supporting over 4500 users
- Wintel and Linux server estate approaching 2000 servers supporting all critical enterprise business applications. HCI and VBLOCK, storage infrastructure support.
- Management of an Infrastructure Operations team consisting of both permanent and contract resources who are highly experienced SME's.
- Regularly review, prioritise and schedule team workload across BAU operations.
- Support project delivery and transition to BAU operations. Implementing best practice infrastructure processes for release management, configuration management, asset management, and change
- Work closely with the wider infrastructure operation team leads and Service Management to ensure operational stability and the management of P1/P2 incidents
- Manage and maintain Converged and Hyper converged infrastructures
- Participate in the monthly review of the infrastructure risk process and manage audit items
- Oversee the procurement of Infrastructure, software, hardware and services supporting customer, utilising existing procurement frameworks and developing new frameworks as required.
- Manage and maintain Customer IT assets across its datacentres
- Governance is an important function of this role. It includes review and approval of Infrastructure Strategy, Solution Architecture Design and Project Deliverables that impact the Infrastructure elements. Support efficiency, including cost and scalability are important considerations.
- Management of all Infrastructure support documentation
- Provide out-of-hours cover as part of the Standby Rota and participate in out of hours work as required (AH/weekend upgrades, patching support, incident management, etc.)
Required Skills :
- Min 7 years' experience in an IT Infrastructure services role with technical implementation and design responsibilities and 3 years' experience in infrastructure technical and team leadership
- Experience of implementing and supporting Infrastructure IT Projects and delivering good business outcomes that can be efficiently supported
- A good understanding of business operations and the commercial viability and impact of technical proposals on business processes
- Operating in a utility company or in a regulated industry would be an advantage
- Experience of supporting Hyper Converged and Converged infrastructure architectures highly desirable along with experience in End User Computing implementation and support
- Experience supporting virtualised Cloud based environments across VMware and Citrix infrastructures
- Experience managing vendors and vendor relationships along with internal IT and business stakeholder relationships important
If interested and would like to find out more please send your CV to Deepthi.Praveen@Projectpeople.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
SOLARIS ENGINEER - REMOTE WORKING - PERMANENT
Location: London, England
Salary: £50000 - £51000 per annum
Project Manager - Infrstructure
Location: Lossiemouth, Moray