|Job Title:||Infrastructure Architect - VMWare|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Cager|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Infrastructure Architect with VMWare experience is needed to work on a high profile programme for a leader within the telecoms industry.
This position will be responsible for the delivery of server hardware, operating systems, databases and other infrastructure for the business's premise requirements.
You will be accountable for governing the partner to deliver the outcome as per the business requirements. You will work with a strategic partner, transformation teams and other parts of the business to achieve the outcome.
What the role be doing:
- Own technical and commercial deliveries for server infrastructure deliveries, including
- Virtualisation technology such as VMWare, KVM etc
- Hardware Technologies (Compute + Storage)
- Server operating systems such as Microsoft, RHEL
- Database Technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB etc.
- Provide technical governance for server infrastructure services delivered by partners and provide consultation and expertise for any new on premise Infrastructure solution requirements.
- Work with key technology vendors to understand industry trends and drive future state architectures.
- Creation of technical requirement specification documents.
- Work with procurement teams to support license requests from business teams.
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience of delivering Infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements within telecoms or service provider industry.
- Demonstrable skills and excellent understanding of IT infrastructure technology fundamentals including:
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, KVM, containerisation
- Server hardware technology
- Storage technology such as CEPHs, SAN
- Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, KVM, containerisation.
- Server OS and Database technologies.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to teams within the business and strategic partners for server infrastructure services.
- Effective management of the server infrastructure to ensure sufficient capacity, performance and availability needed for continuous business operation and acceptable customer experience
- Proven track record of formulating and deploying processes and procedures to improve the infrastructure technology and delivery.
- Proven capability to deliver Infrastructure programs utilising 3rd party partners.
- Proven capability to interface, influence and negotiate with third party managed service partners.
Please send your CV to Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 07796 302988
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
SC Cleared Linux Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competetive daily rate
Security Cleared* Enterprise Architect TOGAF/AWS/Azure
Security Cleared* Enterprise Architect -AWS/Azure/Public Sector
Linux Architect - Basingstoke - Contract - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Lead Data Migration Architect (Contact Centre Data Migration)