For our client, one of the leading providers of IT products and services for the global marketplace including hardware, software, networking, business solutions, and more, we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect that will:
Deliver the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
The role will report into the Lead Architect/CTO and assist in defining designs and bid collateral in line with requirements and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
* Shape technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
* Define the approach to larger/more complex solutions by controlling technical scope
* Contribute to definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
* Complete responsibility for the production of the required level of infrastructure design documentation.
* During transformation, liaising with programme, operational capability teams and the customer.
* Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
* Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
* Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
* Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
* A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the client.
* Experience of infrastructure architecture and design for major client IT systems.
* Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
* Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running technical workshops.
* Team development and motivational skills.
* Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
* Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
* Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
* VMWare VSphere v6.0.
* Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
* HPPT AS design and implementation.
* SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
* Active Directory/DHCP services.
* RDS design and implementation.
* ITIL version 3 Practitioner.
* Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS.
* DNS and IPAM knowledge.
* Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
* Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
* DWDM services.
* Network Management toolsets.
* Networking protocols such as TCP and UDP.
* IP Addressing design.
* Core Infrastructure troubleshooting.
* Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Lead Cloud Transformation Architect
Location: South East England, England
Salary: Market rates
Cloud Architect - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Service Architect - SC Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Network Architect - CISCO - SC Cleared - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire