Incident Management plays a critical role within the wider Service Management function providing UK based Incident Management resource 24x7, 365 days of the year, working alongside the Partner Incident Management teams, Service Desk and off-shore Front Office ICT and Network operations functions.
Accountable for the governance of the E2E incident management process. This includes processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, channelling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping clients appraised of progress towards service restoration.
Accountable for ensuring that incident management processes will work effectively across partners to minimize service impact and therefore only require minimal resource at the Service Assurance level. This will be enhanced through automation and workflows to ensure resolver groups receive incidents without intervention.
- Ensures that any impact to Services for customers and employees is minimized through effective Service Restoration. Service Restoration will be achieved through partners in the resource layer managing technologies underpinning services.
Responsible for routing major incidents between partners and coordinating resolutions in a timely manner with minimal disruption to the business.
- Responsible for developing the procedures and frameworks for how incident management is handled by partners, and in between partners.
- Ensures Service Impact is consistently understood and communicated to the right level of business stakeholders in a timely fashion through appropriate service monitoring and post incident reporting. Incident management will be seamless embedded to change, problem and CSI activities and process.
- Ensures Incident Management processes work effectively across partners to minimize Service Impact and therefore only require minimal resource at the Service Assurance level. This will be enhanced through automation and workflows to ensure resolver groups receive incidents without intervention.
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced Operations environment working within an ITIL framework with a solid understanding of the Incident Management process.
- Strong analytical capabilities, highly organised and excellent relationship management skills.
- Energetic and pro-active with a "can-do" attitude.
- Experience of ITSM tool sets, preferably BMC Remedy.
- Proven ability to engage and communicate with senior stakeholders and support teams across any number of business functions.
- Rational and calm under pressure.
- ITIL Qualifications.
- Degree Level Qualification.
- Experience of ICT / and or Mobile Network Technologies.
Candidates at this level should demonstrate:
- Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influence across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers. A clear communicator.
- Ability to lead, make decisions, problem solve and work within teams. Can demonstrate flexibility and agility to move between role types within teams.
- Will have clear subject matter experience of their area (both technical and commercial) and ability to connect and work across multiple domains. Can demonstrate knowledge of their area articulated through key operating elements of people, process and technology.
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategies (and/or service strategies) within their area and understand the importance of the customer experience and how this can be affected by service impacts.
- Will have a high level, broad end to end understanding of our business and it's operational performance and be able to demonstrate knowledge of working in a service orientated environment.
- Will be passionate about the use of data and insight to make informed decisions, solve problems and input to operational and strategic plans. Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyse and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption.
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment that shows flexibility, resiliency, selfawareness and ability to support other team members.
- Will have experience of working directly with partners to successfully deliver outcomes and will demonstrate an awareness of partner contracts.
- Domain specific knowledge & experience - Desirable criteria
For this role, candidates should also demonstrate:
- Experience of best practice frameworks such as COBIT/ eTOM.
- Escalation management and crisis management experience in a multi-party technology environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Incident assurance Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Telecoms Channel Manager
Location: Rijswijk, South Holland
Senior Product Manager
Location: London, England
Health and Safety Manager
Location: West London, London
TSA Security Programme Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire