*security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered*
Leading IT Services Provider in the defence sector require a skilled Implementation Engineer to join their team in Bracknell.
Responsible for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards. The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the applications or to service delivery functions.
Produces high quality solutions and documentation, through the use of a structured approach, for problems with a high complexity.
Makes a significant contribution to and reviews project and quality plans for large-scale solutions
Designs or undertakes impact analysis of large scale solutions.
Principal Design Authority on application projects/services.
Plays lead role in preparing for and gaining sign off of proposals/change requests.
Contributes to solution reviews.
Has identified and implemented strategic ways to exceed customer expectation.
Fluently presents complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
Influences the final peer review sign off of deliverables.
Works with senior customer peers to discover, document and prioritize requirements.
Key Performance Indicators
- Where appropriate there is demonstrable evidence that the work of others has been well managed, e.g. positive feedback received from those being managed.
* Coached colleagues and mentees have benefited from the advice provided.
* Leadership is being provided in at least one technical area.
* Knowledge is being shared within the team.
* When implemented, the designs successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet the requirement specification.
* Consistently produces deliverables, which require minimal rework following a peer review prior to the engineering phase.
* Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
* Issues are notified in a timely manner.
* Responses are provided within the agreed timeframe.
* Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
* Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
* Can produce tangible evidence of how they have proactively identified and resolved potential issues and risks to enable successful delivery.
* Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to a technical and non-technical audience, utilizing appropriate language and terminology.
* Can produce evidence of how their ideas have benefitted their own team and other teams, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
* Can produce evidence of how they have positively contributed to other teams.
* Is able to provide evidence of how they have influenced customer requirements
* Evidence that Corporate and local methodologies have been followed.
* Evidence of input to local processes. These local processes are in regular use and have been successfully audited.
* Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant methods and processes.
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.