|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager (Telco/Property)|
|Salary:||Competetive Salary and Package|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Health & Safety Manager
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
(In priority order)
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for the effective implementation of all H&S policy and process on RAN sites, to ensure these have been designed, built, operated and maintained in compliance to all relevant legal and business health and safety standards.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Responsible for managing assigned areas of H&S Strategy, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management, in order for the business to fulfil its Vision and Goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of all H&S management related documentation and associated communications e.g. HS001 - the business's Cell Site Health and Safety Management Processes, H&S Bulletins, SOAPs and e-Alerts.
- Responsible for driving forward a proactive H&S approach and continuous learning culture.
- Responsible for implementing assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of the business, including: relevant H&S forums, communications and governance control points.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with the business teams (e.g. Ops, T&A, Property, Legal, etc) and the supply chain, to establish best-in-class health and safety management practices.
- Responsible for working directly with the business's HSQE preferred supplier(s) in the field of Health and Safety Management.
- To ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by the business.
To ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle (including, inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance and removal) including, but not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the day to day operation of the H&S site upgrades programme
- Managing H&S actions arising from site visits, ensuring effective remedial works
- Acting as a key liaison for H&S external enquiries (e.g. public, police, Councils, etc)
- Overseeing site audit activities, and undertake personal site checks on a routine basis
- Initiate corrective actions, recovery plans or interventions (for the business or its supply chain), that are required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards, and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- Responsible for ensuring the in-depth investigation of accidents and incidents and, where required, working with industry regulators, specialists and suppliers to implement improvement plans to address root causes and prevent re-occurrence.
- Review H&S performance for incident trends and propose / own associated remedial actions
- Provide management reports to internal and external stakeholders, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management.
- Regularly collaborate and coordinate with Commercial team to ensure proactive management of 's preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning in the field of health and safety.
- Travel to the office, Shareholder and Supplier offices and sites as required to fulfil the role.
- Be a role model for the businesses way.
Maintain health and safety management standards on the companies shared estate throughout a period of increasing scale and complexity of site activity and deployment e.g. Unilateral 5G rollout.
Continued alignment for health and safety management standards across business Shareholders.
Relevant health and safety qualification / training
- Good understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
- Strong ability to communicate and act professionally
- Clear sense of ownership and personal accountability
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.