|Job Title:||Health and Safety Manager - OHS/Aviation|
|Contact Name:||Kate Matthews|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Health and Safety Manager - London, England
OHS Manager / Advisor - 6 month contract - On site role at Heathrow Airport
Are you Health and safety Professional with experience working in an airport? Can you provide top quality support and advice to our project teams located within airport environments? Do you want to make an impact and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to deliver on-site project health and safety support for our Heathrow airport customers? This is your world and your opportunity to transform it for the better.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager/Adviser to work as a part of our team to provide support and deliver our high profile airport projects.
The role will be based out of Heathrow, with possible visits to other sites. You will need to have excellent communication skills with the ability to support managers and engineers in the delivery of IT related solutions. The role demands a good working knowledge of CDM and hands on experience to support the successful delivery of the projects. As well as managing the day-to-day aspects of the projects as the Principal Contractor Safety Lead, you will be the "go to" person for all health and safety matters for the project teams including our contractors. The role includes all aspects of a typical CDM project from the management of the Safety Plan through to managing of on-site risks associated with our day to day operations. These can include safety critical works, such as confined space entry and working on rooftops. You will also play a key role in liaising with the client's health and safety teams as well as being able to produce and report to both the business and clients using KPI's.
The successful candidate will have some of the following skills and experience:
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the construction environment and associated regulations (NEBOSH Construction Certificate essential)
- Hold or be working toward a Health & Safety Diploma level qualification with an appropriate level professional institute membership
- Be capable and willing to undergo and obtain UK and airport security clearance requirements
- Hold a full clean driving license and be able to travel
- Be able to communicate well and have a high standard of presentation skills
- Be capable of working independently and making decisions
- Have experience of developing safe systems of work in areas where safety critical works are carried out such as confined space entry, work at height and civils works.
- Have worked at an Airport previously
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.