|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager|
|Salary:||Daily Rate (via Umbrella)|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Health & Safety Manager
Are you an experienced / certified site based Health & Safety Manager looking for a new challenge? My client, a leading Mobile Telecoms company, are looking for an experienced site H&S Manager to join them on a contract basis.
Your role as Health & Safety Manager will involve:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the RAN HSEQ project management procedures, processes and guidelines and for their effective communication and implementation.
- With regard to Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2015 ensure the client meets the requirements of the client including:
- Writing and communicating a client's brief; Ensuring appointed parties are competent to undertake the roles they have been appointed for under CDM 2015 ;
- Ensure formal notifications of construction activity are submitted to the HSE;
- Assessing and advising the RAN project teams of the suitability or risk control measures being applied to projects.
- Oversee the investigation of all health, safety, environmental and quality incidents and occurrences in relation to the RAN activities and projects.
- Liaise with shareholders in relation to HSEQ management on shared projects
- Oversee a programme of site inspections and audits of joint projects
- Attend pre-start meetings and project progress meetings for major and high-profile projects.
- Attend monthly performance meetings with key suppliers.
- Collaborate with the enterprise risk management group with regard to related risks recorded on risk registers and ensure that they are up to date and that any risks are addressed.
- Advise on the strategy to manage the networks infrastructure with regard to its integrity.
- Provide training and briefings to the RAN project team at three to ensure they are aware of HSEQ compliance requirements.
- Review and sign off contractor incident reports and track the completion of recommended improvements.
- Advise the business in relation to new and emerging risks or unacceptable risk activity on the network.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Site based H&S experience (either from telecoms, construction, rail, highways etc.)
- Knowledge of current health safety and environmental legislation and its application including the Construction Design Management Regulations. Knowledge of industry best practice in telecommunications and/or, construction related activities.
- Knowledge of human behaviours and behavioural safety culture.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and implementing QHSE management systems.
- Experience of managing supply partners and contractors.
- Experience of auditing health, safety and environmental arrangements.
- Experience of applying active and reactive monitoring techniques in relation to quality, environmental, health and safety.
- Experience of analysing monitoring data and compiling management reports
- Level 5 or 6 health and safety qualification. E.g. Dip NEBOSH
- Membership of a professional body, (Ideally CMIOSH)
If this sounds like a job you can do / would be interested in, please submit your application on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.