|Job Title:||Health & Safety Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary + package|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Health & Safety Manager
Are you an experienced / certified site based Health & Safety Manager looking for a new challenge? My client, a leading Mobile Telecoms company, are looking for an experienced H&S Manager to join them in their rapidly growing team (telecoms experience not required!).
Your role as Health & Safety Manager will involve travel to Mobile Telecoms sites (eg not an office based H&S role), where you will be responsible for ensuring H&S compliance across all the sites, ensuring these have been designed, built, operated and maintained in compliance to all relevant legal and business health and safety standards.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly growing industry
- Coming in to a new role where you will have the opportunity to shape processes and strategy
- Managing 3rd party suppliers
- Client facing
- Office based (Reading) 2-3 days a week with other days scheduled for site visits or home working
- Competitive salary (disclosed upon application), 12.5%bonus, car allowance, pension, medical insurance etc.
You will be responsible for:
- Working directly with HSQE preferred supplier(s) in the field of Health and Safety Management.
- To ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls
- Initiate corrective actions, recovery plans or interventions, that are required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards, and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- Review H&S performance for incident trends and propose / own associated remedial actions
- Provide management reports to internal and external stakeholders, as directed by the Head of Health & Safety and Quality Management.
Type of person we are looking for:
- Site based H&S experience (either from telecoms, construction, rail, highways etc.)
- Detail orientated
- Passionate about Health & Safety
- Relevant health & safety qualification / training
- Good understanding of site health & safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
If this sounds like a job you can do / would be interested in, please submit your application on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.