|Job Title:||Head of Logistics - Permanent role - Berkshire|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Head of Logistics - Permanent role - Berkshire
Leading Mobile Telecoms Infrastructure service provider in Reading require a skilled Head of Logistics to lead and proactively manage logistics within network deployment to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcome, cost and performance targets.
- Establish, own and continuously improve the strategies, systems, processes, controls and capabilities required to manage logistics including all related forums, communications and governance control points.
- Own the production, agreement and execution of logistics plans to enable the deployment, operation, management and tracking of network infrastructure to the business outcomes and performance targets
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accountable for the leadership and proactive management of logistics to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcome, cost and performance targets.
- Accountable for owning and continuous improvement of the strategies, systems, processes (including forward and reverse logistics, supply, control, asset management and warehouse), controls and capabilities required to manage logistics including all related forums, communications and governance control points.
- Accountable for the production, agreement and execution of logistics plans to enable the deployment, operation, management and tracking of network infrastructure to business outcomes and performance targets (including safety, capital efficiency, time, cost and quality)
- Responsible for intensely managing the day-to-day performance of partners against contracted safety, time, cost and quality obligations. Undertaking benchmarking to track and compare the relative performance.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Health and Safety team, for implementing Health & Safety and Quality Management best practice. To ensure Health & Safety and Quality are integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the logistics lifecycle.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing initiatives to optimise logistics activities to accelerate build, maximise capital efficiency and cost savings.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the capability to proactively audit stock and asset information against specifications, guidelines and quality standards.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Commercial team, for the proactive management of partners against contracted safety, time, cost, quality and performance obligations.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Finance team, for the proactive management of budget and assets in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for forecasting, authorising, and management of CAPEX and OPEX spend through the governance and commercial processes including the proactive identification and implementation of cost optimisation initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the UK telecoms and logistics eco-system, including the factors that constrain, enable and enhance its capability.
- Extensive experience of motivating, monitoring and improving performance of Partners and contractors.
- Strong experience of managing the natural tensions between customer, commercial and technical requirements.
- Strong experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
- A proven track record in leadership, creating positive climates, articulating a vision, managing change and inspiring people.
- An understanding of employment law and experience of positively management routine employee relation issues.
- Experience of coaching and developing people to be their best.
- An ability to build positive relationships and an understanding of organisational politics. An ability to use these to socialise and influence stakeholders.
- An understanding of the health of the organisation and a passion for employee engagement.
- A proven track record in continuous improvement and an understanding of how to lead and manage high performance teams.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Graphic & User Experience Designer
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Senior Code Lawyer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
GSM Support Engineer - 2G - 3G - London
Location: London, England
Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Regional Property Surveyor - RICS
Location: Berkshire, England