Head of Acquisition Services
2 year FTC Berkshire
Purpose of the role
The Head of Acquisition Services reports directly to the Property Director and is responsible for ensuring all property acquisition activities are coordinated and have maximum impact for various projects relying upon negotiations with a site provider.
Responsible for orchestrating the acquisition activities required by numerous concurrent projects in line with Shareholder objectives and providing appropriate consolidated management reporting.
To ensure strategic and BAU property acquisition and negotiation activities are managed and delivered appropriately.
A member of the Leadership Team for Property (Directorate) the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Property Director to translate business initiatives into a vision for the team and to identify, develop and deliver the roadmap for the Property Directorate to deliver short term and long term needs.
It is the role of the leadership team for Property to work collaboratively to gather and understand customer's needs and needs of the business (internally and externally). And to socialise and gain commitment from their suppliers (internally and externally) and set stretching SLA's.
- Accountable for developing, agreeing and ensuring the execution of negotiation strategies for cell sites (including the systems, processes, controls and capabilities) on behalf of the company and its Shareholders including communications, governance and compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards
- Accountable for developing effective stakeholder relationships across their, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open, transparent communication and foster trust and respect. Proactively using these relationships to hold stakeholders to account, influence strategic decision making and ensure acquisition activities support Shareholder strategic initiatives
- Accountable for driving the performance of the Acquisition eco system, proactively identifying opportunities to innovate and optimise delivery. Where required, investigating underperformance, instigating recovery initiatives and intensely managing the recovery of delivery performance.
- Accountability for identifying and implementing initiatives to optimise activities across all acquisition activity to accelerate delivery and maximise cost savings
- Accountable for the proactive management of all acquisition related interdependencies, risks and issues. Initiating corrective actions, recovery plans and interventions required to ensure compliance with their standards, policies and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets
- Managing a virtual team consisting of Chartered Surveyors, Delivery Managers, Project Managers Business Analysts, Acquisition Agents amongst others
- Creation of evaluation reports and governance packs up to exec level, providing critical input to selection of the optimum commercial proposals to meet the company and Shareholder objectives
- Significant leadership experience of large scale acquisition ecosystems with strong track record of delivering negotiation projects to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Significant experience of developing, shaping and executing strategy within a large scale ecosystem (including the methodologies, processes and capabilities) to deliver multiple large and highly complex programmes of work.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Property Acquisition Specialist
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Infrastructure Strategy Manager - IT / Telco Cloud
Location: Reading, Berkshire
VAT Compliance Manager
Recruitment Administrator / Candidate Care Coordinator
Location: Bristol City Centre, Bristol
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits