|Job Title:||Head of Acquisition Services|
|Duration:||2 years FTC|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
· Responsible for orchestrating the acquisition activities required by numerous concurrent projects in line with the business and Shareholder objectives and providing appropriate consolidated management reporting.
· To ensure strategic and BAU property acquisition and negotiation activities are managed and delivered appropriately.
· A member of the Leadership Team for Property (Directorate) the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Property Director to translate business initiatives into a vision for the team and to identify, develop and deliver the roadmap for the Property Directorate to deliver short term and long term needs.
· It is the role of the leadership team for Property to work collaboratively to gather and understand their customers needs and needs of the business (internally and externally). And to socialise and gain commitment from their suppliers (internally and externally) and set stretching SLA's.
· The role is responsible for ensuring other departmental needs are included in the strategic plans for negotiation strategies with site providers, specifically Deployment, Operations, Finance and Legal.
· The incumbent is responsible for constructively challenging the property leadership team and wider business to ensure we create a positive working environment and focus on people, execution and customers.
· The Head of Acquisition Services has ultimate responsibility for ensuring a diverse virtual team of subject matter experts delivers to their customers both internally and externally.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
(In priority order)
· Accountable for developing, agreeing and ensuring the execution of negotiation strategies for cell sites (including the systems, processes, controls and capabilities) on behalf of the business and its Shareholders including communications, governance and compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards
· Accountable for developing effective stakeholder relationships across the busineness, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open, transparent communication and foster trust and respect. Proactively using these relationships to hold stakeholders to account, influence strategic decision making and ensure acquisition activities support Shareholder strategic initiatives
· Accountable for driving the performance of the Acquisition eco system, proactively identifying opportunities to innovate and optimise delivery. Where required, investigating underperformance, instigating recovery initiatives and intensely managing the recovery of delivery performance.
· Accountability for identifying and implementing initiatives to optimise activities across all acquisition activity to accelerate delivery and maximise cost savings
· Accountable for the proactive management of all acquisition related interdependencies, risks and issues. Initiating corrective actions, recovery plans and interventions required to ensure compliance with the business standards, policies and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets
· Managing a virtual team consisting of Chartered Surveyors, Delivery Managers, Project Managers Business Analysts, Acquisition Agents amongst others
· Creation of evaluation reports and governance packs up to exec level (Business and Shareholders), providing critical input to selection of the optimum commercial proposals to meet the business and Shareholder objectives
· Proactively and effectively manage the relationships with all stakeholders including MD, FD, Property Director and Shareholder senior management
· Define, build and grow the business's culture: understand what drives high performance, engagement and delivery. Actively support People Agenda and drive positive improvements
· Manage the performance of the virtual team, drive high performance by setting stretching and challenging objectives. Continually review these and provide feedback on an on-going basis
· Be a true service provider - understand your customers needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
· Responsible for reporting into and attendance at programme and project reviews, risk meetings, negotiation meetings (internal, shareholder and supplier) and governance meetings including with Shareholders
(in priority order)
§ Developing effective stakeholder relationships across the the business, Shareholder and Supplier organisations that enable open, transparent communication and foster trust and respect. Proactively using these relationships to hold stakeholders to account and ensure cell site acquisition activities support Shareholder strategic initiatives.
· Establishing the methodologies, processes, capabilities and controls required to achieve acquisition targets and business plans agreed by the business's Shareholders. Where necessary, developing and implementing the behavioural and cultural transformation required to achieve this.
§ Developing and implementing the acquisition models and strategies to protect and enhance the capability of the businesses delivery ecosystem (including Principle Contractors and Suppliers).
· Identifying & implementing opex-saving opportunities
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Compliance Lead - Consumer Credit
Location: Berkshire, England
Senior Transmission Planning Engineer (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Radio Coverage/Radio Planning Technical Authority
RAN Performance Technical Authority