|Job Title:||H&S Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
I have an exciting new role working as a Health & Safety Advisor for a telecoms company based in Gloucestershire
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Advisor include:
- To manage, support, and advise the businesses on all aspects of health, safety, quality, environmental and welfare matters.
- Establishing and monitoring standards, processes, communications, training, compliance and legislation requirements.
- The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a number of site based inspections each month in order to meet our customer's KPI's.
- The candidate will be responsible for reviewing and approving project Construction Phase Plans as part of our responsibilities under CDM.
- To ensure its health, safety, quality and environmental policies, procedures and systems are embedded within the group and achieve legal compliance
- Responsible for all safety inspections including schedules and internal auditing teams
- Ensure the requirements of CDM are fulfilled particularly around the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor roles
- Ensure all subcontractors working on site maintain safe working practices, in accordance with the construction phase plan and/or customer contractual requirements.
- Work with any other designers to eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks.
- Carry out the competence assessment of subcontractors through supplier and or tendering processes.
- Facilitate internal cooperation between company directors, project managers and other departments in relation to the CDM legislation.
- Managing emergency procedures
- Report to management on the performance of health and safety matters, non-conformances, training needs and any need for further improvements including the change in legislation.
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees
- Ensure records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the policies are followed and that the safe systems of work are effective.
- Arrange induction, awareness and specialised training for employees of the company.
- With the assistance of an administrator maintain the company's training matrix.
- Ensure work-related risk assessments are carried out as needed, maintained in consultation with employees
- Promote and encourage a positive health and safety culture through the company.
- Process daily, weekly and monthly reporting to ensure all schedules run smoothly. Process customer schedules and reports to ensure we are meeting all appropriate customer needs and expectations.
- Liaise with and support directors and managers
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- As a minimum hold Technical member of IOSH
- Hold NEBOSH general certificate
- Experience in site-based health and safety inspections
- Experience in ISO 45001/14001/9001 management systems and audits
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety and risk management.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management and standards
- Ability to interpret and provide authoritative advice on health and safety and risk management issues
- Knowledge of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an organisation Ability to prioritise work to ensure tasks are completed within time constraints.
To apply for the Health & Safety Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.