|Job Title:||GSM Support Engineer - 2G - 3G - London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
GSM Support Engineer - 2G - 3G - Paddington - Permanent
Are you a GSM Support Engineer with excellent experience of supporting 2G and 3G Networks? If so, then please apply to a brand new permanent opportunity, working for a major global system integrator and supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions based in London.
As the GSM Support Enginner you will be involved in the following activities as part of your core responsibilities:
- Use Tetra, GSM-R Core / NSS and Access/BSS expertise to deliver and support all related integration and acceptance tasks.
- Coordinate Integration and Acceptance (I and A) activities for projects with involvement of different departments and teams
- Creation, definition and review of test plans with the customer
- Execution of test cases with the customer or independent engineers at the customer location
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Closely work with other Transportation teams including Product Support and R&D specialist engineers and external suppliers (OEM) to ensure that tickets are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe and at least within the defined SLAs
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation.
To be successful you will ideally have:
- Experience using GSM, 2G, 3G - (GSM-R experience is not necessary but would be highly valued)
- Comfortable resolving tickets
- Able to work in 24/7 rotation (roughly 1 week in 5)
- Well organized, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Capable to work on GSM(-R) / Tetra cases and drive them to resolution
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage; Tetra, GSM/GSM-R Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS, OMCR), OAM (OMCR, CNMS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) networks and related signalling/protocols
- Excellent customer facing experience.
- Full Driving Licence
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, offering a competitive salary and benefits together with a fantastic working environment and the chance to grow alongside one of the worlds most exciting end-to-end telecommunications solutions providfors.
If this position looks like a good match for you, please apply. Alternatively you can contact Patrick McNamara at Project People Ltd to discuss the role in more detail on 07877840020 or e-mail on: email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ILS Engineer - Basingstoke - Contract - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Site Design Specialist - 3G/4G/5G Site Design / Quality / Audit
Location: Berkshire, England
Project Coordinator - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Property Acquisition Specialist
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
VAT Compliance Manager