GSM/GSM-R (2G, 3G) Support Engineer
The Engineer works within the Service Delivery Management team and is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, the focus in on implementing solutions for our customers as well as fault troubleshooting issues reported by the clients.
- Use Tetra, GSM-R Core / NSS and Access/BSS expertise to deliver and support all related integration and acceptance tasks.
- Coordinate Integration and Acceptance (I&A) activities for projects with involvement of different departments and teams
- Creation, definition and review of test plans with the customer
- Execution of test cases with the customer or independent engineers at the customer location
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve issue / collect traces on site if necessary
- Closely work with other teams including Product Support and R&D specialist engineers and external suppliers (OEM) to ensure that tickets are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe and at least within the defined SLAs
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Provide regular status reports internally and to the customer
- Anticipate customer escalation and keep management abreast of the situation
- Participate in regular customer meetings.
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in technical area along with previous end to end integration and/or technical support experience of GSM or GSM-R (2G, 3G) telecom technology. A strong expertise in at least one of the Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) or OAM (OMCR, CNMS) domains and a solid understanding of an end to end wireless network products and protocols is advantageous.
Fundamental to this role:
- Well organised, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Capable to work on GSM(-R) / Tetra cases and drive them to resolution
- Understand and explain complex GSM(-R) technical issues to customers and to different level of management within the company.
- Analyse the performance metrics related to the supported customers in order to keep the level of support as defined in the support contract or, when missed, to provide corrective & improvement action plans
- Negotiate with customers the escalated issues in order to provide them temporary solution/workaround / action plan, as applicable, to keep escalation under control and to keep customer satisfaction at expected level.
- Provide, to technical support manager, a customer barometer at any time and to be able to provide clear and concise information about customer issue in order for technical support manager to report at Leader/Executive level
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage; Tetra, GSM/GSM-R Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS, OMCR), OAM (OMCR, CNMS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) networks and related signalling/protocols
- Excellent customer facing experience.
- Full Driving Licence
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.