|Job Title:||GSM (2G, 3G) Support Engineer (office based) - London - Perm|
|Location:||West London, London|
|REF:||CB - GSM 2/3G_1580836960|
|Contact Name:||Charles Bryan|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
GSM (2G, 3G) Support Engineer (office based) - London - Perm
The Engineer is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, the focus in on implementing solutions for our customers as well as fault troubleshooting issues reported by the clients.
The Company: Working for a global system integrator and a supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for fixed and mobile network operators, railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve issue / collect traces on site if necessary
- Closely work with teams including Product Support and R&D specialist engineers and external suppliers (OEM) to ensure that tickets are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe and at least within the defined SLAs
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Provide regular status reports internally and to the customer.
- Anticipate customer escalation and keep management abreast of the situation
- Participate in regular customer meetings as a technical representative
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation - 1 week in every 4-5 weeks
Relevant experience in technical areas along with previous end to end integration and/or technical support experience of GSM (2G, 3G) telecom technology.
A strong expertise in at least one of the Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) or OAM (OMCR, CNMS) domains and a solid understanding of an end to end wireless network products and protocols is advantageous.
Fundamental to this role:
- Well organized, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Understand and explain complex technical issues to customers and to different level of management within the company.
- Analyse the performance metrics related to the supported customers in order to keep the level of support as defined in the support contract or, when missed, to provide corrective & improvement action plans
- Negotiate with customers the escalated issues in order to provide them temporary solution/workaround / action plan, as applicable, to keep escalation under control and to keep customer satisfaction at expected level.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.