|Job Title:||GSM (2G, 3G) Support Engineer (office based) - London - Perm|
|Location:||West London, London|
|REF:||CB - GSM 2/3G_1580836960|
|Contact Name:||Charles Bryan|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
GSM (2G, 3G) Support Engineer (office based) - London - Perm
The Engineer is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, the focus in on implementing solutions for our customers as well as fault troubleshooting issues reported by the clients.
The Company: Working for a global system integrator and a supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for fixed and mobile network operators, railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve issue / collect traces on site if necessary
- Closely work with teams including Product Support and R&D specialist engineers and external suppliers (OEM) to ensure that tickets are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe and at least within the defined SLAs
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Provide regular status reports internally and to the customer.
- Anticipate customer escalation and keep management abreast of the situation
- Participate in regular customer meetings as a technical representative
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation - 1 week in every 4-5 weeks
Relevant experience in technical areas along with previous end to end integration and/or technical support experience of GSM (2G, 3G) telecom technology.
A strong expertise in at least one of the Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) or OAM (OMCR, CNMS) domains and a solid understanding of an end to end wireless network products and protocols is advantageous.
Fundamental to this role:
- Well organized, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Understand and explain complex technical issues to customers and to different level of management within the company.
- Analyse the performance metrics related to the supported customers in order to keep the level of support as defined in the support contract or, when missed, to provide corrective & improvement action plans
- Negotiate with customers the escalated issues in order to provide them temporary solution/workaround / action plan, as applicable, to keep escalation under control and to keep customer satisfaction at expected level.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Network Support Engineer - 3rd Line Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Linux Integration Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Marketing Analytics Lead (B2C, Luxury Travel Company)
Location: West London, London
Salary: Excellent Salary & Package
Town and Country Planning Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary and Package